AM Hobbies Online - AM Hobbies Whistle (fraud)- hobby train dealer amhobbiesonline.com

Jul 31, 2010
review #191863

My husband and I have a consumer alert about an online dealer AM Hobbies Whistle (amhobbiesonline.com) of Lionel, MTH, 3rd Rail, etc. Bob Thatcher is the owner of this business in PA. He charges a customer's credit card erroneously and sends product. When the product is returned to him (because it was never ordered in the 1st place) he NEVER refunds the charge. We have contacted him several times to get the situation resolved. He promises to issue a credit and that fails to do so. We have tried to get this resolved for the past 18 months. Then again he charges our credit card after promising to issue a credit and our credit card company contacts him to reverse the charge. We thought he was attempting to refund us the money...he never issued the credit once again.

The local police department made the suggestion of us posting this situation after they took our complaint and issued a case number.

684eaa0
2.5
Had an experience with AM Hobbies Online?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Dave D. Longview, TX

Feb 10, 2011

Despite the complaint and after reading the support from AM Hobbies customers, I took a chance and placed a good order with the company. I can report that this company is top notch. I had excellent communications and received my ordered with no problems. The prices were great as well as the service. Thank you AM Hobbies!

Busyman

Jan 25, 2011

Hey folks - I have spent several thousand dollars with Bob, and have had zero problems. Good dealer, good prices, no issues at all.

WPLives

Jan 17, 2011

I've had no problems with AM Hobbies. FYI, you can go through your credit card issuer to resolve any issues like refunds instead of wasting the police department's time (or thru Paypal if that was used). I'm sure there is more to this story than what is presented here from both sides...

Don

Jan 01, 2011

I, too, have had good business dealings with AM and will continue to do so in the future!!

AM HOBBIES

Nov 11, 2010

This issued was resolved to the customers satisfaction several months ago

David

Nov 11, 2010

Baloney!!! Bob Thatcher is very honest, has good prices and supurb customer service.

×
You were reading a complaint about AM Hobbies Online.
Filing a new complaint about
×